Mathematics | Leadership Communities meetings (Hutt Valley)
Cognition Education is excited to announce we are hosting The Mathematics Leadership Communities meetings in Tai Tokerau, Auckland, Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu and Wellington.
The collaborative meetings for mathematics and statistics teachers/leaders will be packed with useful material relating to current research and developments in mathematics education for New Zealand schools.
Each meeting focuses on inquiry, and will enable mathematics and statistics leaders/teachers to:
- build capability in leading mathematics and statistics within and across their schools
- share successful and robust assessment practices
- investigate effective pedagogy and strategies for teaching mathematics and statistics
- support school wide development in effective mathematics practice; and
- network with other mathematics and statistics leaders.
These insightful meetings will have you walk away with practical skills and tools that you can use immediately in your leadership mahi and in classrooms.
The cost to attend the remaining three workshops is $150 per school – two teachers per school.
Each session takes place once a term from 9 am to 2.30 pm (with a 30-minute break for lunch). Please also note that morning tea will be provided, however, lunch is not, so you will need to BYO lunch.
Registering for Term 2 will automatically register you for Terms 3 and 4.
- Term 3 Wednesday 19 August
- Term 4 Wednesday 4 November